Saturday 8 April 2017

Blue and ochre

I started an art journal this year, mainly to rediscover creating art and to do something with all the scrapbooking and stamping stuff that I did not touch in 2016...

Therefore, when I saw the layout Kate Yetter showed on the Paperartsy blog last week, I knew that two more pages would be filled in the art journal to join the Blue and ochre challenge.


I started by painting two pages with some blue Fresco paints, then covered it with gesso. Then I used the Urban Outsiders Stencil with Baltic Blue Fresco paint and coloured the inside with Haystack. These colours are also used with Crackle Glaze for the paper strips.


I used stamps from the Petals Plates 1, 3, and 6. The "Mother Nature" image on the right page is coloured with pencils. The "Secrets of the garden" text is a stamp from Lin Brown (ELB01).


4 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Love your pages Mark. You have used one of my favourite PA stamps too. Great combo of shapes and colours!

Corrie Herriman said...

Nice pages !

geezercrafter said...

Enjoyed looking at you creation. Smashing colours you have used.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I must say Mark that layout works magnificently.. Both Baltic Blue & Haystack cover the colour palette superbly. Dynamic page Mark, Thank you for sharing.