Wednesday 1 January 2014

Art Calendar 2014

A few days ago I went through some old Craft Stamper issues when I found an article about an Art Calendar by Kate Crane. Apart from a means to memorize all the important and not so important things, it also provides an album to group together all the little things I create. These cards, tags, etc. deserve a better place than lying somewhere on the desk.

So, I decided to start an Art Calendar for 2014. I had already made something that would now become the upper left corner of the january page.


The Sanded Foundations video, inspired me to get out the Grunge Paste, paints and stencils. In the large paper stash, I found a piece of paper with a crackled background. So easy, no need to do the crackling myself this time!

I applied the tinted Grunge Paste using the 'Mini Birds of a Feather' stencil. I used Guacamole, Toad Hall, and Chocolate Pudding for the branches and leaves. The birds are coloured with Baltic Blue. The cage is coloured with Brown Shed. All paints are Fresco Chalk Acrylics from Paperartsy.

Below is the first page for January.




No comments: