Friday 1 February 2013

London Bridge Tag

This week the challenge at the Paperartsy Blog is to use Paperartsy stamps, and Fresco Paints together with metal. A great opportunity to try out the translucent paints that I ordered and received this week.


I coloured a tag with London Bus, then coated it with Crackle Glaze. Once that was dry, I put a thick layer of Baltic Blue on it. It immediately started to crackle, and some large cracks appeared. Wonderful! I love the bright red colour of the cracks.

In the bottom left corner, I played with Zesty Zing and Beach Hut. It created a nice opaque green colour, not exactly what I intended, but not too bad for a first time... The man is from the Hot Pick 1110 sheet. I first applied some Snowflake so that his face would not be too green...

The London Bridge is a stamp from Crafty Individuals, that I stamped with Stazon on metal. I then coloured the picture with Chocolate Pudding, Beach Hut, and South Pacific. I created some depth by puffing the bridge from the back.


4 comments:

Helen said...

I just love those red cracks, Mark!! What a fab tag.

Gillian .... said...

Hi Mark, great to see you playing along again this week and that you are loving your new PA goodies! Thanks for the lovely comment you left tonight over on the PA blog!
The red crackle looks FAB and the translucent area showcases the image off beautifully.

PaperArtsy said...

Wow you puffed the bridge! Awesome! Another video going up early tomorrow. More excuses to play!!
Leandra

Suzanne C said...

Love that pop of orange under the blue it almost looks like lightning! Love the close up of the bridge! Fab tag! Glad you joined us this week in the challenge!